LEYF's social enterprise model means we can offer both fee-paying and Government-funded places.
You may be eligible for free Early Years education.
To qualify for funding for your 2-year-old, you must receive one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- The Working Tax Credit four-week run-on (the payment you receive when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Working Tax Credit / Child Tax Credit / Universal Credit and have a household income of £16,190 a year or less
Children are also entitled to a funded place if:
- They’re looked after by a local council
- They have a statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education health and care plan (EHCP)
- They get Disability Living Allowance
- They have at some point been in care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
If your child is eligible, you can start claiming after they turn 2. The date you can claim will depend on when their birthday is:
|Child’s birthday||When you can claim|
|1st January – 31st March||The beginning of term on or after 1st April|
|1st April – 31st August||The beginning of term on or after 1st September|
|1st September – 31st December||The beginning of term on or after 1st January|
For children who attend LEYF nurseries term-time only, our term dates closely follow those of local schools.
For children attending all year round, our stretch terms cover roughly one third of the year each.
Your nursery cannot issue the funding for 2-year-olds, you must apply for it through your local authority. For more information, take a look on the Government website.