Our Room Leaders lead a team of Early Years professionals to create and plan daily routines and activities to engage and stimulate our children. They confidently manage the day-to-day running of the room, while encouraging their team, motivating learning and positively managing every child’s well-being.
As a LEYF Room Leader, you will work closely with the management team to ensure that best practice is maintained and delivered throughout the nursery, ensuring we provide the best experience for our children and their families.
Room Leaders have relevant qualifications at Level 3 or above, combined with leadership and team management skills, knowledge of legislation relating to Early Years and the ability to build strong and supportive relationships within a team.
- Level 3 or above in Early Years Childcare or equivalent
- Leadership and team management skills
- To build and maintain strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to Early Years such as EYFS, SEN, safeguarding
- Ability, flexibility and willingness to take on other responsibilities or duties as deemed necessary
- To build strong, supportive and professional relationships with the team
About the nursery
Rated Good by Ofsted, Soho Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us tucked away beneath the streets of Soho, close to Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square underground stations. We’re a cosy nursery in an intimate setting, with separate spaces for different age groups and a secret underground garden!
Our children can choose activities from acting, dance and film-making to cooking, gardening, science and woodwork. We lead in community work and the expressive arts. They love to explore the local area too, enjoying outings to tourist attractions like the National Gallery.