Our Room Leaders lead a team of Early Years professionals to create and plan daily routines and activities to engage and stimulate our children. They confidently manage the day-to-day running of the room, while encouraging their team, motivating learning and positively managing every child’s well-being.
As a LEYF Room Leader, you will work closely with the management team to ensure that best practice is maintained and delivered throughout the nursery, ensuring we provide the best experience for our children and their families.
Room Leaders have relevant qualifications at Level 3 or above, combined with leadership and team management skills, knowledge of legislation relating to Early Years and the ability to build strong and supportive relationships within a team.
- Full and relevant child-care qualification at level 3 or above.
- Strong knowledge of safeguarding and child protection
- At least 12 months experience working in an early year’s setting.
- Demonstrative experience of being a confident leader, articulating your ideas and using planning and preparation.
- Distribute staff and resources effectively, maintaining ratios whilst supporting other rooms.
- Continually strive for best practice in yourself and inspiring others.
- Have a passion for making a difference in their communities.
- A child centred approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate
About the nursery
Rated Outstanding by Ofsted, Bird in Bush Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us in Peckham, close to South Bermondsey station. We’re a spacious, airy setting, with separate rooms for different age groups and two gardens.
The children enjoy science experiments, messy arts play, construction, gardening, cooking and much more.