Our Room Leaders lead a team of Early Years professionals to create and plan daily routines and activities to engage and stimulate our children. They confidently manage the day-to-day running of the room, while encouraging their team, motivating learning and positively managing every child’s well-being.
As a LEYF Room Leader, you will work closely with the management team to ensure that best practice is maintained and delivered throughout the nursery, ensuring we provide the best experience for our children and their families.
Room Leaders have relevant qualifications at Level 3 or above, combined with leadership and team management skills, knowledge of legislation relating to Early Years and the ability to build strong and supportive relationships within a team.
- Leadership and team management skills.
- Level 3 or above in early years Childcare or equivalent.
- To build and maintain strong partnerships, working with parents to enable children’s needs be met.
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care.
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to early years such as EYFS, SEN, safeguarding.
- Ability, flexibility and willingness to take on other responsibilities or duties as deemed necessary.
- To build strong, supportive and professional relationships with the team.
About the nursery
Rated Good by Ofsted, Leys Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us in Dagenham, not far from Dagenham East underground station and close to The Leys park. We’re a bright, modern nursery, with rooms for different age groups and a surrounding garden.
Our children can choose the activities they enjoy every day, from sensory play with ice and water to small world play with dinosaurs, languages, construction, obstacle courses and much more!
We are based inside a children’s centre, where parents have access to groups to attend and be signposted to services to support their family.