Our Room Leaders lead a team of Early Years professionals to create and plan daily routines and activities to engage and stimulate our children. They confidently manage the day-to-day running of the room, while encouraging their team, motivating learning and positively managing every child’s well-being.
As a LEYF Room Leader, you will work closely with the management team to ensure that best practice is maintained and delivered throughout the nursery, ensuring we provide the best experience for our children and their families.
Room Leaders have relevant qualifications at Level 3 or above, combined with leadership and team management skills, knowledge of legislation relating to Early Years and the ability to build strong and supportive relationships within a team.
- Full and relevant child care qualification at level 3 or above.
- Strong knowledge of safeguarding, child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- To champion LEYF’s values and advocate our mission to save the world one child at a time.
- To encourage a supportive team atmosphere and the ability to work together in a positive and compassionate way.
- To continually strive for best practice in yourself and inspiring others.
- To be dedicated in achieving the highest standard of education and care
- Have a passion for making a difference in their communities.
- A child centered approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate
- Finally, you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families. There is no better feeling than watching that tiny 3 month old baby grow in to a well-educated pre-schooler preparing for big school!
About the nursery
Rated Outstanding by Ofsted, House of Commons Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old. It is exclusively available to parents and carers with a permanent parliamentary pass.
You can find us on the Parliamentary Estate, close to Westminster tube. We’re a bright and spacious nursery.
Our children enjoy activities from science to woodwork and cooking, obstacle courses, sensory play and more. They also love to get outdoors – buying fruit and veg in Chinatown or climbing trees at St James’s Park.