We’re looking for an Office Coordinator to help maintain and manage our central office and create a welcoming and enjoyable working environment that allows the team to do their best work. Our central office shares a site with one of LEYF nurseries, and is where our core team is based, following a hybrid working pattern. We also have a small number of office and meeting spaces at other LEYF nurseries across London.
As a team player, you will be flexible, proactive and happy to apply your organisational and communication skills to help solve problems. You’ll be keen to improve efficiency and always thinking about how we could do things better.
With a growing office team, you will be helping to support the smooth running of 39 nurseries across 12 London boroughs. LEYF is a social enterprise, seeking to maximise provision of subsidised high-quality childcare in some of the most disadvantaged places in London and operating a socially inclusive pricing strategy. We enrich and extend children’s learning through our unique pedagogy which strengthens the home learning bridge and multigenerational engagement with communities to enhance social cohesion and inclusion.
· Respond to general email enquiries sent to email@example.com
· Contribute to the smooth running of the office through answering the phones receiving visitors and post
· Maintain necessary records relating to LEYF Central Office
· Take responsibility for the LEYF central office environment
· Take responsibility for maintenance and supply of resources at additional LEYF meeting spaces across the LEYF nursery network.
· Oversee maintenance of the LEYF Central Office (PAT testing, fire and burglar alarm checks, boiler service, pest control checks, sanitary waste collection, gutter cleaning, etc.), in partnership with the LEYF Facilities team
· Manage office equipment and supplies including stationary, first aid, and cleaning products.
· Manage contracts with suppliers.
· Oversee the office Health and Safety policy and ensure compliance.
· Take responsibility for keeping the office tidy, including arranging regular clear outs with the office team.
Room bookings and events
· Oversee existing room and desk booking system; in partnership with the IT team
· To support Head of the Executive Office on event logistics for internal and external events. This includes both planning and on-the-day event support.
· Excellent attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organisational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks.
· Having a positive attitude and friendly manner, as well as trustworthy, credible and reliable nature.
· Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff and external stakeholders.
· Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
· Flexible and adaptable to various competing demands and be able to deliver the highest level of client service and response.
· Calm under pressure and proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Good knowledge of all Microsoft packages and the ability to learn company specific software when required.
· Confidence with tech such as MS Teams and Zoom to organise meetings.
· Interested in children and the early years education sector and passionate about social enterprise