Our Nursery Managers lead the nursery team and ensure a focus on the needs of the children.
As a LEYF Nursery Manager, you are accountable for nursery finances, deployment of resources (human and otherwise), quality of the curriculum, health and safety, partnership with parents, community engagement, and child protection.
LEYF follows a set of teachings that is reflective of our social enterprise approach. Each of the seven elements of our LEYF Pedagogy is designed to strengthen children’s social and cultural capital through language, social opportunities, cultural experiences and friendships.
The successful candidate will have:
- Level 3 or above child care qualification
- A strong leader who role models’ good practice
- Adaptable to the needs of the Nursery and organization
- Ability to flex management style to build strong nurturing relationships with the Nursery team and stakeholders
- Ability to use a coaching approach when developing staff
- The ability to build strong lasting relationships with Parents through pedagogical conversations
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong desire to influence positive change when required through role modelling the LEYF values; Brave, Fun, Inspiring and Nurturing
About the nursery
Rated Outstanding by Ofsted, Burgess Park Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from 2 to 5 years old.
You can find us in Peckham, just off the Old Kent Road. We’re a big, open plan nursery with a lovely spacious garden.
The children enjoy a wide range of activities from cooking to yoga, science, gardening, construction and much more!