Our Early Years Practitioners make a difference in their local communities and have a child-centred approach to teaching, using creative and exciting methods to stimulate the children in their care.
As a LEYF Early Years Practitioner, you are responsible for observing your key children. You work with parents and carers to ensure children’s routines are followed and they are happy at the nursery while developing vital skills and relationships.
Early Years Practitioners have relevant child care qualifications at Level 2 or above, a good knowledge of safeguarding and child protection, and experience working in an Early Years setting.
- Relevant child-care qualification at level 2 or above.
- Strong knowledge of safeguarding, child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- At least 6 months experience in an early year’s setting
- To encourage a supportive team atmosphere and the ability to work together in a positive and compassionate way.
- To continually strive for best practice in yourself and inspiring others.
- Be dedicated to achieve the highest standarsd of education and care
- Have a passion for making a difference in their communities.
- A child centred approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate
About the nursery
Cumberland Road Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us in Plaistow, close to Canning Town underground station and West Ham and Star Lane DLR stations.
Our children enjoy science experiments, cooking, gardening, construction, messy play with sand and water and more.