Our Early Years Assistants support the nursery team in planning and organising activities and experiences for children. They take part in activities which help to stimulate the children and support their learning and development.
As a LEYF Early Years Assistant, you help to deliver Early Years education and care through child-led activities, using your fun and creative flair to provide engaging learning opportunities for the children.
While entry qualifications aren’t necessary, we offer the opportunity to enrol on our internal apprenticeship programme once you have passed your six-month probation period with us. This allows you to become a qualified Level 3 Early Years Educator.
- Some knowledge of safeguarding, child protection
- Experience of working in an early year’s setting
- Supportive team atmosphere and the ability to work together in a positive and compassionate way.
- To continually strive for best practices in yourself and inspire others.
- To be dedicated to achieving the highest standard of education and care
- Have a passion for making a difference in their communities.
- A child centered approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate
About the nursery
Rated Outstanding by Ofsted, Carlton Hill Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us in Maida Vale, close to Maida Vale and Kilburn Park underground stations. We’re based in a beautiful period building, with a spacious garden.
Our children might make wooden toys and props, cook in our home corner, take part in science experiments, climb trees, grow fruit and veg or spot insects in our ‘jungle’ and much more.