Our Early Years Assistants support the nursery team in planning and organising activities and experiences for children. They take part in activities which help to stimulate the children and support their learning and development.
As a LEYF Early Years Assistant, you help to deliver Early Years education and care through child-led activities, using your fun and creative flair to provide engaging learning opportunities for the children.
While entry qualifications aren’t necessary, we offer the opportunity to enrol on our internal apprenticeship programme once you have passed your six-month probation period with us. This allows you to become a qualified Level 3 Early Years Educator.
- Right to Work in the UK.
- Strong knowledge of safeguarding, child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- At least 6 months experience in an early years setting.
- To champion LEYF’s values and advocate our mission to save the world one child at a time.
- To encourage a supportive team atmosphere and have the ability to work together in a positive and compassionate way.
- To continually strive for best practice in yourself and inspiring others.
- To be dedicated in achieving the highest standard of education and care.
- Have a passion for making a difference in your community.
- A child-centred approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate.
About the nursery
Camberwell Grove Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us in Camberwell, close to Denmark Hill and East Dulwich stations. We’re a bright, spacious nursery with a large garden.
Our children enjoy yoga and PE, singing and signing nursery rhymes, messy arts play, cooking, construction and growing vegetables on our very own on-site allotment.