Our Early Years Assistants support the nursery team in planning and organising activities and experiences for children. They take part in activities which help to stimulate the children and support their learning and development.
As a LEYF Early Years Assistant, you help to deliver Early Years education and care through child-led activities, using your fun and creative flair to provide engaging learning opportunities for the children.
While entry qualifications aren’t necessary, we offer the opportunity to enrol on our internal apprenticeship programme once you have passed your six-month probation period with us. This allows you to become a qualified Level 3 Early Years Educator.
- Strong knowledge of safeguarding, child protection, and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- Preferably experience of working in an early year’s setting
- To champion LEYF’s values and advocate our mission to save the world one child at a time.
- To encourage a supportive team atmosphere and the ability to work together in a positive and compassionate way.
- To continually strive for best practices in yourself and inspire others.
- To be dedicated to achieving the highest standard of education and care
- Have a passion for making a difference in their communities.
- A child centered approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate
About the nursery
Rated Good by Ofsted, Micky Star Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us just off the Edgware Road, close to Edgware Road and Paddington stations. We’re a large, purpose-built nursery with two gardens. Our children enjoy gardening and getting messy in our mud kitchen, rounders, yoga, science experiments, dialogic reading and more. They also enjoy forest school outings to explore the outdoors and learn about the environment.