Our Early Years Assistants support the nursery team in planning and organising activities and experiences for children. They take part in activities which help to stimulate the children and support their learning and development.
As a LEYF Early Years Assistant, you help to deliver Early Years education and care through child-led activities, using your fun and creative flair to provide engaging learning opportunities for the children.
While entry qualifications aren’t necessary, we offer the opportunity to enrol on our internal apprenticeship programme once you have passed your six-month probation period with us. This allows you to become a qualified Level 3 Early Years Educator.
- Experience in an early year’s setting is desirable
- Knowledge of safeguarding, child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- To champion LEYF’s values and advocate our mission to save the world one child at a time.
- To encourage a supportive team atmosphere and the ability to work together in a positive and compassionate way.
- To continually strive for best practice in yourself and inspiring others.
- To be dedicated in achieving the highest standard of education and care
- Have a passion for making a difference in their communities.
- A child centred approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate
About the nursery
Rated Good by Ofsted, Playhouse Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us in Fordham Park, close to New Cross and New Cross Gate stations. We’re a spacious, modern nursery, with separate rooms and gardens for different age groups.
Children can try many different activities from science experiments to traditional cooking, world music, yoga, construction, sensory play and much more!