Our Early Years Assistants support the nursery team in planning and organising activities and experiences for children. They take part in activities which help to stimulate the children and support their learning and development.
As a LEYF Early Years Assistant, you help to deliver Early Years education and care through child-led activities, using your fun and creative flair to provide engaging learning opportunities for the children.
While entry qualifications aren’t necessary, we offer the opportunity to enrol on our internal apprenticeship programme once you have passed your six-month probation period with us. This allows you to become a qualified Level 3 Early Years Educator.
- Experience in an Early Years setting is desirable
- A passion for helping with children’s development
- Proactively implement safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
- You must be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Be able to support the management team to meet all Ofsted requirements and to ensure that these are always maintained
- A positive and proactive attitude to work
- A team player who uses their own initiative and who thrives working in a busy and exciting environment
About the nursery
Rated Good by Ofsted, Leys Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us in Dagenham, not far from Dagenham East underground station and close to The Leys park. We’re a bright, modern nursery, with rooms for different age groups and a surrounding garden.
Our children can choose the activities they enjoy every day, from sensory play with ice and water to small world play with dinosaurs, languages, construction, obstacle courses and much more!
We are based inside a children’s centre, where parents have access to groups to attend and be signposted to services to support their family.