Our Early Years Assistants support the nursery team in planning and organising activities and experiences for children. They take part in activities which help to stimulate the children and support their learning and development.
As a LEYF Early Years Assistant, you help to deliver Early Years education and care through child-led activities, using your fun and creative flair to provide engaging learning opportunities for the children.
While entry qualifications aren’t necessary, we offer the opportunity to enrol on our internal apprenticeship programme once you have passed your six-month probation period with us. This allows you to become a qualified Level 3 Early Years Educator.
- Experience in an Early Years setting is desirable
- A passion for helping with children’s development
- Proactively implement safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
- You must be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Be able to support the management team to meet all Ofsted requirements and to ensure that these are always maintained
- A positive and proactive attitude to work
- A team player who uses their own initiative and who thrives working in a busy and exciting environment
About the nursery
Rated Outstanding by Ofsted, Gumboots Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care to children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us in East Dulwich, not far from East Dulwich and North Dulwich stations. We’re a spacious nursery, with separate rooms and gardens for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers.
Our children enjoy a varied and stimulating timetable – from cooking with our chef to Zumba classes and gardening. They also love getting involved in the wider community, taking trips to the local shops or visiting the elderly.