Our Deputy Nursery Managers are an essential part of our team and, while maintaining a hands-on role, support the manager in the smooth running of the nursery.
As a LEYF Deputy Nursery Manager, you will manage and develop the nursery team while undertaking administrative and IT duties including a collection of fees, nursery database, purchasing and receipts.
LEYF follows a set of teachings reflective of our social enterprise approach. Each of the seven elements of our LEYF Pedagogy is designed to strengthen children’s social and cultural capital through language, social opportunities, cultural experiences and friendships.
- Full and relevant child care qualification at level 3 or above.
- Strong knowledge of child protection and safeguarding and the ability to take the lead in vulnerable situations when required.
- Management or strong senior team leader experience working in an early year’s setting.
- To be a confident leader, articulating your ideas and using planning and preparation to ensure their success.
- To distribute staff and resources effectively, maintaining ratios whilst supporting other rooms.
- To champion LEYF’s values and advocate our mission to save the world one child at a time.
- To continually strive for best practice in yourself and inspiring others.
- Have a passion for making a difference in their communities.
- A child centred approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate.
About the nursery
Rated Outstanding by Ofsted, Weir Link Nursery and Pre-School provides Early Years education and care for children from birth to 5 years old.
You can find us inside The Weir Link community centre, not far from Clapham South tube. We’re a bright, open plan setting with separate areas for different age groups and a large garden.
Our children enjoy lots of activities from messy play in our mud kitchen to sensory ice, yoga, science experiments, growing herbs and more!