Located in Westminster, our House of Commons Nursery are looking for experienced Room Leaders to lead staff on developing children’s natural curiosity and confidence, so they leave nursery as inquisitive explorers.
Our new Room Leader will lead the room and a team of Early Years professionals to create and plan daily routines featuring activities that encourage children’s curiosity. You will be role modelling behaviours for other members of staff as well as for the children with your creativity and passion.
Rated Good by Ofsted, House of Commons Nursery & Pre-School provides childcare and education to children from birth to 5 years old. The Nursery is exclusively available to parents and carers with a permanent parliamentary pass.*
You can find us on the Parliamentary Estate, close to Westminster tube. We’re a bright, spacious nursery with plenty of natural light.
Our experienced staff inspire learning through curiosity and discovery. The children enjoy lots of activities from science to woodwork and cooking, obstacle courses, sensory play, and more. They also love to get outdoors – buying fruit and veg in Chinatown or climbing trees at St James’s Park.
Age Range: Birth-5 years
OFSTED Rating: Good
We know it's our team that makes LEYF great. When you join us as a permanent member of staff, you will enjoy many benefits:
• Pay competitive with the sector
• 50% discount on nursery fees (pro-rata)
• 7% pension contribution
• A minimum of 23 days’ annual leave per year (up to 36 days) including 8 Bank Holidays, plus 3 days over Christmas
• Sick pay entitlement (after 6 months’ service)
• Paid overtime
• Refer a friend bonus (up to £550)
• Maternity, paternity & shared parental leave entitlement (after 2 years’ service)
• Up to 5 days' special leave entitlement
• Access to LEYF’s training academy and MY LEYF online learning platform - 8 days’ paid training per year
• 10% GLL gym discount
• Tea and coffee
• MY LEYF modules on meditation, mindfulness and mental wellbeing
• Employee Assistance Programme; support and counselling and advice on financial and legal issues
• Eligibility for a hardship fund grant
• Season pass loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounts on shopping with Employee Purchase Programme
• Invitations to LEYF social events - Summer Conference, BBQ, Christmas Party, Awards.
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.
Non-UK citizens must apply for and gain a Visa and Work Permit before applying to work in the UK.
Address: House of Commons
1 Parliament Street