Earls Court Nursery & Pre-School is located in the borough of Kensington and Chelsea and is a 10 min walk from earls court station, 15 mins walk from Kensington (Olympia) Station.
We are looking for a passionate Room Leader for the Baby Room. The successful candidate must be able to confidently manage the day-to-day running of the room, whilst encouraging the team, motivate learning and positively managing every child’s well-being.
Our new Room Leader will lead the room and a team of Early Years professionals to create and plan daily routines featuring activities that encourage children’s curiosity. You will be role modeling behaviors for other members of staff as well as for the children. We are looking for a leader who has creativity and passion!
Leadership and team management skills and experience
Level 3 or above in Early Years Childcare or equivalent
To build and maintain strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care
Knowledge of legislation relevant to Early Years such as EYFS, SEN, safeguarding
Ability, flexibility and willingness to take on other responsibilities or duties as deemed necessary
To build strong, supportive and professional relationships with the team
Have a passion for making a difference in their communities
A child centred approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate
• The Nursery consists of a baby room, a toddler and a preschool room over 3 floors
• Total capacity of Nursery: 50
• Opening times: 8am – 6pm
• The nursery benefits from a beautiful Victorian building with a homely feel with lots of bright light
Age Range: Birth-5 years
OFSTED Rating: Outstanding
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
• Make a difference to the children who need it the most
• Pay and conditions above national average within the early years sector
• 50% off childcare costs
• £750 refer a friend bonus
• Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
• Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
• 10% GLL Gym discount
• 7% employer contribution towards pension
• Guaranteed salary increase after probation
• Overtime pay
• Annual travel loan
• Free life assurance
• Access to our work life support services
• Flexible working
• Access to LEYF social events; New Year’s Awards ceremony, Annual Conference and Summer BBQ
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.
Address: 65 Philbeach Gardens