Our Bird in Bush Nursery is located in Southwark and has fantastic transport links to Central London and the surrounding areas, there is also free parking nearby. The nursery itself is a multi-cultured, friendly setting and has a large outdoor space that is used every day to extend experiences and knowledge in outdoor learning.
Our new Room Leader will be expected to manage the room and supervise a team of Early Years professionals by creating and planning daily and weekly routines featuring activities that stimulate and encourage children’s curiosity. You will role model behaviors for other members of staff as well as for the children with your creativity and passion. As a LEYF Room Leader, you will work closely with the management team to ensure that best practice is maintained and delivered throughout the nursery to ensure we provide the best experience for our children and their families.
Age Range: Birth-5 years
OFSTED Rating: Outstanding
We know it's our team that makes LEYF great. When you join us as a permanent member of staff, you will enjoy many benefits:
• Pay competitive with the sector
• 50% discount on nursery fees (pro-rata)
• 7% pension contribution
• A minimum of 23 days’ annual leave per year (up to 36 days) including 8 Bank Holidays, plus 3 days over Christmas
• Sick pay entitlement (after 6 months’ service)
• Paid overtime
• Refer a friend bonus (up to £550)
• Maternity, paternity & shared parental leave entitlement (after 2 years’ service)
• Up to 5 days' special leave entitlement
• Access to LEYF’s training academy and MY LEYF online learning platform - 8 days’ paid training per year
• 10% GLL gym discount
• Tea and coffee
• MY LEYF modules on meditation, mindfulness and mental wellbeing
• Employee Assistance Programme; support and counselling and advice on financial and legal issues
• Eligibility for a hardship fund grant
• Season pass loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounts on shopping with Employee Purchase Programme
• Invitations to LEYF social events - Summer Conference, BBQ, Christmas Party, Awards.
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.
Non-UK citizens must apply for and gain a Visa and Work Permit before applying to work in the UK.
Address: 616 Old Kent Road