Despite the challenges of the coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis we are still recruiting for staff in our nurseries. We are only able to conduct telephone interviews at this point in time as we need to follow the Government’s guidelines on social distancing.
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) is keen to hear from you and the Recruitment Team will be reviewing all applications. We will then be offering telephone interviews to successful candidates. We can then advise you on the next stage in the recruitment process. Please keep applying.
Our exciting Marks Gate Nursery, located in Barking and Dagenham is a wonderful nursery offering children the chance to imaginatively explore and socially thrive in enabling environments.
We are recruiting an ambitious and passionate Chef to join our team on a full time, permanent basis. Your role will include planning and designing menus as well as preparing nutritionally well-balanced meals for children from 6 months to 5 years of age.
Unlike other chef positions, we do not want you to be hidden away in the kitchen all day, you will be very much involved with the children and will be interacting with them while explaining about healthy eating.
The successful candidate will follow LEYF Policies as well as undertake general housekeeping duties and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Food Hygiene level 2 or equivalent
Good hygiene practices
Ability to assess all stages of the food preparation process in accordance with HACCP
Knowledge of children’s dietary requirements
Working effectively as part of a team
Work within the budget and keeping neat and accurate records of purchases and money spent
Experience of Preparing/cooking food in a childcare setting is highly desirable
Age Range: Birth-5 years
OFSTED Rating: Good
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
• Make a difference to the children who need it the most
• Pay and conditions above national average within the early years sector
• 50% off of childcare
• £750 refer a friend bonus
• Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
• Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
• 10% GLL Gym discount
• 7% employer contribution towards pension
• Guaranteed salary increase after probation
• Overtime pay
• Annual travel loan
• Free life assurance
• Access to our work life support services
• Flexible working
• Access to LEYF social events; New Year’s Awards ceremony, Annual Conference and Summer BBQ
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.
Address: Rose Lane
(off Lawn Farm Grove)