Our Harrow Road Nursery has recently relocated to a new purpose-built luxury portacabin close to Royal Oak station. The nursery is airy, bright and also benefits from having a small garden on-site where the children love to play and explore. The local area is surrounded by urban housing and diverse, multi-lingual families. The staff in this nursery work closely with their communities to ensure that children are confident in their environments.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate Chef to join our team on a full-time contract. As a nursery chef, you will be responsible for planning and making meals and snacks suitable for the young children in our care and teaching them what healthy eating looks like. You will also be responsible for ordering supplies and ensuring that the kitchen is maintained to a high standard. The successful candidate will be comfortable working independently as well as in a team and be experienced in catering to specific allergens and dietary requirements.
Age Range: Birth-5 years
OFSTED Rating: Good
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
• Make a difference to the children who need it the most
• Pay and conditions above national average within the early years sector
• 50% off of childcare
• £750 refer a friend bonus
• Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
• Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
• 10% GLL Gym discount
• 7% employer contribution towards pension
• Guaranteed salary increases after probation
• Overtime pay
• Annual travel loan
• Free life assurance
• Access to our work life support services
• Flexible working
• Access to LEYF social events; New Year’s Awards ceremony, Annual Conference and Summer BBQ
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.
Address: 34 Senior Street