Our Bird in Bush Nursery located in Southwark has fantastic transport links to Central London and the surrounding areas, there is also free parking nearby. The nursery itself is a multi-cultured, friendly setting and has a large garden which is used every day to extend children’s experiences and knowledge in outdoor learning.
We are recruiting an ambitious and passionate Chef to join our team on a full time, permanent basis. Your role will include planning and designing menus as well as preparing nutritionally well-balanced meals for children from 6 months to 5 years of age.
Unlike other chef positions we do not want you to be hidden away in the kitchen all day, you will be very much involved with the children and will be interacting with them while explaining about healthy eating.
The successful candidate will follow LEYF Policies as well as undertake general housekeeping duties and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Age Range: Birth-5 years
OFSTED Rating: Outstanding
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
• Make a difference to the children who need it the most
• Pay and conditions above national average within the early years sector
• 50% off of childcare
• £750 refer a friend bonus
• Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
• Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
• 10% GLL Gym discount
• 7% employer contribution towards pension
• Guaranteed salary increases after probation
• Overtime pay
• Annual travel loan
• Free life assurance
• Access to our work life support services
• Flexible working
• Access to LEYF social events; New Year’s Awards ceremony, Annual Conference and Summer BBQ
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.
Address: 616 Old Kent Road