Barking Riverside Nursery is a bright, modern nursery with rooms for different age groups and a garden for free-flow play.
We are recruiting an ambitious and passionate Chef (8:00-17:00) to join our team on a full time, permanent basis. Your role will include planning and designing menus as well as preparing nutritionally well-balanced meals for children from 6 months to 5 years of age.
Unlike other chef positions, we do not want you to be hidden away in the kitchen all day, you will be very much involved with the children and will be interacting with them while explaining about healthy eating.
The successful candidate will follow LEYF Policies as well as undertake general housekeeping duties and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Food Hygiene level 2 or equivalent
Good hygiene practices
Ability to assess all stages of the food preparation process in accordance with HACCP
Knowledge of children’s dietary requirements
Working effectively as part of a team
Work within the budget and keeping neat and accurate records of purchases and money spent
Experience of Preparing/cooking food in a childcare setting is highly desirable
Age Range: Birth-5 years
OFSTED Rating: Awaiting Report
We know it's our team that makes LEYF great. When you join us as a permanent member of staff, you will enjoy many benefits:
• Pay competitive with the sector
• 50% discount on nursery fees (pro-rata)
• 7% pension contribution
• A minimum of 23 days’ annual leave per year (up to 36 days) including 8 Bank Holidays, plus 3 days over Christmas
• Sick pay entitlement (after 6 months’ service)
• Paid overtime
• Refer a friend bonus (up to £550)
• Maternity, paternity & shared parental leave entitlement (after 2 years’ service)
• Up to 5 days' special leave entitlement
• Access to LEYF’s training academy and MY LEYF online learning platform - 8 days’ paid training per year
• 10% GLL gym discount
• Tea and coffee
• MY LEYF modules on meditation, mindfulness and mental wellbeing
• Employee Assistance Programme; support and counselling and advice on financial and legal issues
• Eligibility for a hardship fund grant
• Season pass loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounts on shopping with Employee Purchase Programme
• Invitations to LEYF social events - Summer Conference, BBQ, Christmas Party, Awards.
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.
Non-UK citizens must apply for and gain a Visa and Work Permit before applying to work in the UK.
Address: Riverside Campus
Opposite EL1 Riverside Campus Bus stop