Our Bird in Bush Nursery located in Southwark has fantastic transport links to Central London and the surrounding areas, there is also free parking nearby. The nursery itself is a multi-cultured, friendly setting and has a large garden that is used every day to extend children’s experiences and knowledge in outdoor learning.
Bird in Bush Nursery is currently recruiting a Kitchen Assistant with particular knowledge of allergens and cross-contamination to join their team. As the Kitchen Assistant, you will support the Nursery Chef to prepare nutritionally well-balanced meals and general housekeeping duties to help maintain a safe and healthy environment. This role will be Monday to Friday 11.30am – 2.30pm.
Age Range: Birth-5 years
OFSTED Rating: Outstanding
We know it's our team that makes LEYF great. When you join us as a permanent member of staff, you will enjoy many benefits:
• Pay competitive with the sector
• 50% discount on nursery fees (pro-rata)
• 7% pension contribution
• A minimum of 23 days’ annual leave per year (up to 36 days) including 8 Bank Holidays, plus 3 days over Christmas
• Sick pay entitlement (after 6 months’ service)
• Paid overtime
• Refer a friend bonus (up to £550)
• Maternity, paternity & shared parental leave entitlement (after 2 years’ service)
• Up to 5 days' special leave entitlement
• Access to LEYF’s training academy and MY LEYF online learning platform - 8 days’ paid training per year
• 10% GLL gym discount
• Tea and coffee
• MY LEYF modules on meditation, mindfulness and mental wellbeing
• Employee Assistance Programme; support and counselling and advice on financial and legal issues
• Eligibility for a hardship fund grant
• Season pass loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounts on shopping with Employee Purchase Programme
• Invitations to LEYF social events - Summer Conference, BBQ, Christmas Party, Awards.
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.
Non-UK citizens must apply for and gain a Visa and Work Permit before applying to work in the UK.
Address: 616 Old Kent Road