We are delighted to be able to expand into new areas and offer brand new opportunities for a new career in the early years!
We are seeking a kitchen assistant to join our Carlton Hill Nursery and Pre-school. Our kitchen assistants will work alongside the nursery chef to help supply the children with healthy and nutritious meals and snacks throughout the day.
This is a kitchen assistant position for one of our busiest nurseries based in Westminster, we are looking for a kitchen assistant who is passionate about food and has an excellent understanding of food hygiene and food preparation.
Food Hygiene Certificate
Good hygiene practices
Ability to assess all stages of the food preparation process in accordance with HACCP
Children’s dietary requirements (Understand the importance of following the guidelines within the Healthy eating and Allergy Policies).
Experience in a busy kitchen
• The Nursery consists of two baby rooms, a toddler and a preschool room across 3 floors in a large Grade two listed Victorian building
• Total capacity of Nursery: 72
• Opening times: 8am – 6pm
• The nursery benefits from a larger than normal garden where the children enjoy growing their own fruit and vegetables!
Age Range: Birth-5 years
OFSTED Rating: Outstanding
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
• 50% off of childcare
• Refer a friend bonus
• Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
• Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
• 10% GLL Gym discount
• 7% employer contribution towards pension
• Salary increase after probation
• Overtime pay
• Interest-free season ticket loan
• Free life assurance
• Employee Assistance Programme
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.
Address: 86 Carlton Hill