Here at LEYF, we understand how the COVID-19 Pandemic may have affected your ability to work and general morale. In order to offer employment to as many childcare professionals as possible, we are introducing our new job share structure to support those who are not able to commit to a full working week but would like to work with one of the industry’s leading childcare providers.
Our Children’s Garden Nursery is located on the University Of East London Campus in Newham and has fantastic transport links to Central London and the surrounding areas. The nursery itself is multi-cultured and friendly, they also benefit from having a large garden overlooking the London City Airport.
We are looking for Level 3 qualified Nursery Educators who are able to work 3 full days per week on a 24-hour contract. If this sounds like something you can accommodate then we want to hear from you!
Our Educators will work side by side with the Room Leaders and Assistants to ensure children are safe, happy, and meeting their full potential. As a LEYF Educator, you will be responsible for observing and planning your key children’s activities. You will also work towards our mission as a team to ensure we are “changing the world, one child at a time”.
• The Nursery consists of a aby room, a toddler and a preschool room all leading to a beautiful garden area
• Total capacity of Nursery: 45
• Opening times: 8am – 6pm
• The nursery benefits from a bright and spacious space
Age Range: Birth-5 years
OFSTED Rating: Awaiting Report
Photos show LEYF Nurseries, photos for Garden Nursery coming soon!
We know it's our team that makes LEYF great. When you join us as a permanent member of staff, you will enjoy many benefits:
• Pay competitive with the sector
• 50% discount on nursery fees (pro-rata)
• 7% pension contribution
• A minimum of 23 days’ annual leave per year (up to 36 days) including 8 Bank Holidays, plus 3 days over Christmas
• Sick pay entitlement (after 6 months’ service)
• Paid overtime
• Refer a friend bonus (up to £550)
• Maternity, paternity & shared parental leave entitlement (after 2 years’ service)
• Up to 5 days' special leave entitlement
• Access to LEYF’s training academy and MY LEYF online learning platform - 8 days’ paid training per year
• 10% GLL gym discount
• Tea and coffee
• MY LEYF modules on meditation, mindfulness and mental wellbeing
• Employee Assistance Programme; support and counselling and advice on financial and legal issues
• Eligibility for a hardship fund grant
• Season pass loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounts on shopping with Employee Purchase Programme
• Invitations to LEYF social events - Summer Conference, BBQ, Christmas Party, Awards.
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.
Non-UK citizens must apply for and gain a Visa and Work Permit before applying to work in the UK.
Address: UEL 4-6 University Way