Our South Bermondsey Nursery has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Deputy Manager to join our passionate management team. Our LEYF deputies are an essential part of our team and whilst maintaining a hands-on role, they will support the manager in the smooth running of the nursery.
LEYF follows a set of teachings that is reflective of our social enterprise approach. Each of the 7 elements is designed to strengthen children’s social and cultural capital through language, social opportunities, cultural experiences, and friendships. The role requires you to manage and develop the nursery team whilst undertaking administrative and IT duties of the nursery including the collection of fees, nursery database, purchasing, and receipts.
Full and relevant childcare qualification at level 3 or above.
Strong knowledge of child protection and safeguarding and the ability to take the lead in vulnerable situations when required.
Senior team leadership experience working in an early year’s setting.
To be a confident leader, articulating your ideas and using planning and preparation to ensure their success.
To distribute staff and resources effectively, maintaining ratios whilst supporting other rooms.
To champion LEYF’s values and advocate our mission to save the world one child at a time.
To continually strive for best practice in yourself and inspiring others.
Have a passion for making a difference in their communities.
A child centred approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate
Age Range: Birth-5 years
OFSTED Rating: Good
We know it's our team that makes LEYF great. When you join us as a permanent member of staff, you will enjoy many benefits:
• Pay competitive with the sector
• 50% discount on nursery fees (pro-rata)
• 7% pension contribution
• A minimum of 23 days’ annual leave per year (up to 36 days) including 8 Bank Holidays, plus 3 days over Christmas
• Sick pay entitlement (after 6 months’ service)
• Paid overtime
• Refer a friend bonus (up to £550)
• Maternity, paternity & shared parental leave entitlement (after 2 years’ service)
• Up to 5 days' special leave entitlement
• Access to LEYF’s training academy and MY LEYF online learning platform - 8 days’ paid training per year
• 10% GLL gym discount
• Tea and coffee
• MY LEYF modules on meditation, mindfulness and mental wellbeing
• Employee Assistance Programme; support and counselling and advice on financial and legal issues
• Eligibility for a hardship fund grant
• Season pass loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounts on shopping with Employee Purchase Programme
• Invitations to LEYF social events - Summer Conference, BBQ, Christmas Party, Awards.
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.
Non-UK citizens must apply for and gain a Visa and Work Permit before applying to work in the UK.
Address: Tenda Road