We are recruiting a new Deputy Nursery Manager to join our fun, friendly and committed team. The nursery itself is based in Henry Fawcett School in Kennington and caters to children aged 6 months to 5 years of age. Children in this nursery love building on their own skills and developing their confidence as they grow, particularly when it comes to exploring raw foods and creating scientific experiments.
As a LEYF Deputy, your role will be mostly room-based however there will be times when you are required to support the Nursery Manager with the back office functions, this can include but is not limited to interviewing potential new recruits, handling parent queries, and organising staff rotas. Other key elements of this role will include building key relationships with your team, children and their parents as well as the day to day running and decision making of the Nursery.
Age Range: Birth-5 years
OFSTED Rating: Good
We know it's our team that makes LEYF great. When you join us as a permanent member of staff, you will enjoy many benefits:
• Pay competitive with the sector
• 50% discount on nursery fees (pro-rata)
• 7% pension contribution
• A minimum of 23 days’ annual leave per year (up to 36 days) including 8 Bank Holidays, plus 3 days over Christmas
• Sick pay entitlement (after 6 months’ service)
• Paid overtime
• Refer a friend bonus (up to £550)
• Maternity, paternity & shared parental leave entitlement (after 2 years’ service)
• Up to 5 days' special leave entitlement
• Access to LEYF’s training academy and MY LEYF online learning platform - 8 days’ paid training per year
• 10% GLL gym discount
• Tea and coffee
• MY LEYF modules on meditation, mindfulness and mental wellbeing
• Employee Assistance Programme; support and counselling and advice on financial and legal issues
• Eligibility for a hardship fund grant
• Season pass loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounts on shopping with Employee Purchase Programme
• Invitations to LEYF social events - Summer Conference, BBQ, Christmas Party, Awards.
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
● Pay and conditions above the national average in the nursery sector
● A nurturing, fun and value-led working environment
● An award-winning staff training and development programme
● The opportunity to make a real difference to children’s lives
Non-UK citizens must apply for and gain a Visa and Work Permit before applying to work in the UK.
Address: Clayton Street