Gumboots Nursery in East Dulwich is a busy and vibrant setting that has an outstanding reputation in the local community. The nursery is one of LEYF’s largest settings, they have recently extended the building to build 3 new rooms and they also benefit from having 2 gardens for the different age groups.
The team is friendly and welcoming, putting multi-layered education at the heart of their teaching. The children and their parents build wonderful relationships which enhance their learning journeys with us. The children enjoy a range of daily activities to build and enhance those early skills which are needed for them to grow into confident and unique individuals.
Due to the recent extension, we are now recruiting a second Deputy Manager for the nursery. As a LEYF Deputy, you will be mostly room based however there will be times when you are required to support the Nursery Manager with the back-office functions, this can include but is not limited to interviewing potential new recruits, handling parent queries, and organising staff rotas. Other key elements of this role will include building key relationships with your team, the children, and their parents as well as the day to day running and decision making of the Nursery.
Age Range: Birth-5 years
OFSTED Rating: Outstanding
We know it’s our people who make LEYF great. That’s why we value each staff member and offer:
• Make a difference to the children who need it the most
• Pay and conditions above national average within the early years sector
• 50% off of childcare
• £550 refer a friend bonus
• Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
• Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
• 10% GLL Gym discount
• 7% employer contribution towards pension
• Guaranteed salary increases after probation
• Overtime pay
• Annual travel loan
• Free life assurance
• Access to our work life support services
• Flexible working
• Access to LEYF social events; New Year’s Awards ceremony, Annual Conference and Summer BBQ
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
Each person who joins the LEYF family will work with their Manager to create a development plan. If you aspire to become a manager or you want to be the best you can be in your role, LEYF, using our coaching and mentoring approach, coupled with our famous LEYF Academy courses, will support your journey.
Address: 171-173 Crystal Palace Road